Today, I we have author F.M. Meredith visiting with us. I have had the pleasure of meeting Marilyn at the Los Angeles Times Book Festival a number of years ago. Join me as she shares seven things about her book.
1. Dangerous Impulsesis #9 in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series. Though every mystery is complete, every crime solved and the book written as a stand-alone, things happen to the continuing characters: the police officers and their families. Rocky Bluff is a small Southern California Beach community, located between Ventura and Santa Barbara, and mostly overlooked by tourists.
2. In every RBPD mystery/crime novel there are ongoing characters. One of the most popular with readers is Officer Gordon Butler. Nothing ever seems to go easy for him. Though he is not the “star” in Dangerous Impulses like he was in No Bells, I think his fans will be happy with what he ends up doing near the end of the book. Other characters are: Detective Milligan and his wife, Stacey, and her little boy, Davey; Ryan Strickland, the public relations officer and his wife, Barbara; Officer Felix Zachary and his wife, Wendy, and their new baby, Ruby: Sergeant Abel Navarro and his wife, Maria, their daughter Lupe; Officer Vaughn Aragon, back from successful rehab but on desk duty.
3. The murder of a middle-aged woman and her teenaged son occupy Detectives Milligan and Marshall’s time. Doug Milligan’s wife, Stacey, is recruited to help out with the investigation. RBPD is a small under-staffed department and people often have to help out in ways outside of their job description.
4. A new hire, Officer Lizette Gibbs, captures Gordon Butler’s interest, but her focus is on her new job not romance. She’s partnered with Butler to show her the layout of the town.
5. When a group of high-school students fall deathly ill from an unknown drug at a party, Stacey is called to investigate and Lizette is assigned to help.
6. None of the party-goers are willing to answer any questions about the drug. Vaughn Aragon uses the Internet to find some answers. He’s also taken notice of Lizette.
7. Two girls from the party disappear. Are they runaways? Did someone kidnap them? Are they hiding out?
Now a bit about Dangerous Impulses:
An attractive new-hire captivates Officer Gordon Butler, Officer Felix Zachary’s wife Wendy is befuddled by her new baby, Ryan and Barbara Strickland receive unsettling news about her pregnancy, while the bloody murder of a mother and her son and an unidentified drug that sickens teenaged partiers jolts the Rocky Bluff P.D.
The person who comments on the most blog posts on this tour may have a character named after him or her in the next Rocky Bluff P.D. crime novel or choose a book from the previous titles in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series in either paper or for Kindle.
Rocky Bluff P.D. Series:
Though each book in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series is written as a stand-alone, I know there are people who like to read a series in order. From the beginning to the end:
Smell of Death
An Axe to Grind
F. M. Meredith’s Bio:
|Author Marilyn Meredith, center|
F.M. is also known as Marilyn Meredith, the author of the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series. She first became interested in writing about law enforcement when she lived in a neighborhood filled with police officers and their families. The interest was fanned when her daughter married a police officer and the tradition has continued with a grandson and grandson-in-law who are deputies. She’s also serves on the board of the Public Safety Writers Association, and has many friends in different law enforcement fields. For twenty plus years, she and her husband lived in a small beach community located in Southern California much like the fictional Rocky Bluff. She is a member of three chapters of Sisters in Crime, Epic, and Mystery Writers of America.
And I’m on Facebook and Twitter as MarilynMeredith
Tomorrow you can find me here http://ckwestkills.blogspot.com/