- The subtle and unpredictable plot twists within the collection will compel a reader to move eagerly from story to story. As some stories, like “Sentiments of Blue,” rely on irony, others, like, “The Conversion,” juxtapose the typical with the unexpected.
- The book is an easy read. The most contemplative reader will finish the work in no more than two days.
- The collection covers a wide range of settings, from a factory, to a church, to a train ride, to a baseball park. The author takes the reader on an eclectic joy ride through time, through conflicts and through the world of his upbringing.
- The five reflective poems will evoke raw emotion from the readers, from the heart numbing, “The Careers of My Mother,” to the comical back seat drive with the zany father in, “Drives with Dad.”
- An assortment of characters, from Little Rickey, to the Animal, to the flame throwing pitcher and head hunter named Chi-Chi Gomez, will fill your imagination with their antics and moral dilemmas.
- Readers will appreciate the restrained writing and the pace of the author. The pages turn quickly as the stories unfold to an easy flowing reading rhythm. There is never a time where you have to stop the book to check back. There is also no preaching by the writer, who likes to stay away, in the distance, and allow his characters to do the talking.
- The handsome book jacket is as soothing as the blue of the ocean. You will never be unhappy picking it up.
- About Garasamo Maccagnone
- Garasamo Maccagnone is a writer and entrepreneur. The founder of a successful airfreight business, Maccagnone now focuses on his literary career. He is the author of the novel St. John of the Midfield, the novella, For the Love of St. Nick, a collection of short stories entitled, My Dog Tim and Other Stories, and a children’s book titled, The Suburban Dragon. Sentiments of Blue is his latest short story collection. Maccagnone currently lives in Shelby Township where he is working on his second novel, The Sorrows of Pebble Creek.
Visit Gary online at http://garasamomaccagnone.com/
Find Gary at his tour page at Pump Up Your Book!