Skip to main content

Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Funerals, Family History, Travel and More!


"You can take the girl out of Minnesota, but you can't take the Minnesota out of the girl!"


June is the month of weddings and this June was no exception in our family. My cousin got married last weekend in Minnesota and although, no cousins were invited to attend the wedding, aunts and uncles were invited. So, my mom and dad being one of the California aunts and uncles packed their bags and flew to Minnesota, my mother's home state. Their schedule of visits while in Minnesota made me thankful that I was staying at home and wouldn't have to keep up with them. Oh! but how I would love to have gone with them and seen all the relatives.

Included the day before the wedding was a Graveside Memorial;

Graveside Memorial - My mom's brother, Joe died in 1991 and was finally laid to rest in the cemetery next to their parents. His ashes have been taking up space in his wife's closet for the last 19 years. Having planned this graveside memorial his ashes were carefully packed and shipped by Federal Express from Arizona to Minnesota. His wife didn't quite know what to do with him. She didn't think she wouldn't live in the Arizona house forever and wanted to be buried with him, however, when she passes, she will be buried next to her parents in Wisconsin and he'll be next to his in Minnesota. That will be a really hard one to trace for future family historians.

Wedding and Anniversaries - My Cousins Wedding - June 26, 2010. This date was picked and held no significance for my cousin and his bride to be, however, in searching family history it was discovered that our grandparents Steven and Evelyn Winter married and started this line of the family tree 75 years earlier on June 26, 1935 in Minnesota. They raised 6 children, and now the family includes 40+ family members. Happy Anniversary Steven and Evelyn Winter! Wonderful Wedding Wishes to the New Bride and Groom!

Celebrating 95+ years young - Long live the generations. One of my great aunts on my maternal side of the family will have a reason to celebrate her birthday this summer.

My parents return in a few weeks and I'm sure will have plenty of stories to tell about their trip. Have you taken a trip recently? Share with Writing Daze where you visited!

Comments

  1. Not yet, but my nephew gets married in August. Road trip for that event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter got married on June 26th, and my son is getting married on August 14th. Busy summer! But weddings are fun, fun, fun--we danced the night away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I realize the extra step of having to do the word verification is time consuming, but I have had so much spam that it is necessary. if you leave a comment, I will return the favor.

Popular posts from this blog

Frank Nash: the Most Inspirational English Teacher I Ever Did Know! By Vincent Zandri author of The Remains

I never set out to be a writer. Back in 1979, when I entered the Second Form in a 200 year old, all boys, military school called, The Albany Academy, I simply wanted to become a rock n’ roll star. Like Ringo or Keith Moon, I wanted to play drums in a huge rock band, make a ton of money doing it, get lots of girls, and see the world. While most of the uniformed boys sat attentively in math class, taking copious notes, I drew illustrations of huge drums sets and stared out the window. All that changed when for the first time, I was introduced to Frank Nash in my second term English lit and writing course. First thing that caught my attention was the classroom itself. The Academy was an old building even back then, having been built in the 1920s. Made of stone and strong woods, with real blackboards instead of chalk boards, the place seemed like a kind of time warp. A school caught perpetually in the 19th century instead of one that would see the 21st century in only two more decades. But

Don’t Let Perfection and Procrastination Steal Your Writing Success

“Writing happens when you stay consistent and keep encouraging yourself that it’s okay to put words on the page.”   - Rebecca Camarena, author   You’ve started your book and you’ve written a few pages. You’re on a roll and when you stop for the day you promise to write daily. But the next thing you know you haven’t written in days. When you start writing each time you type a sentence, your inner editor cringes. You’re terrified you’re going to write something dreadful, so you don’t write anything. You stare at the blank page. You may have even started to question whether you should be writing a book at all. In your mind you wrote something great that first day and you consider yourself a great writer. Writers have this image of the literary greats sitting at their typewriters banging out their stories. You think they sit down and keep writing from the first page to the last. Since you want to emulate them you feel that you have to be perfect each time you write. If this sou

Seven Things About Dangerous Impulses

Today, I we have author F.M. Meredith visiting with us. I have had the pleasure of meeting Marilyn at the Los Angeles Times Book Festival a number of years ago. Join me as she shares seven things about her book.   1.       Dangerous Impulses is # 9 in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series. Though every mystery is complete, every crime solved and the book written as a stand-alone, things happen to the continuing characters: the police officers and their families. Rocky Bluff is a small Southern California Beach community, located between Ventura and Santa Barbara, and mostly overlooked by tourists. 2.       In every RBPD mystery/crime novel there are ongoing characters. One of the most popular with readers is Officer Gordon Butler. Nothing ever seems to go easy for him. Though he is not the “star” in Dangerous Impulses like he was in No Bells , I think his fans will be happy with what he ends up doing near the end of the book. Other characters are: Detective Milligan and his wi