Skip to main content

Passing the Torch - The Facebook 25



I was tagged in Facebook to write 25 random things about myself. Wow, was this a hard task. Always focusing on others, (my family) it took a few hours to come up with this list.

A few of my favorite authors are John Steinbeck, Joan Didion, Louise Erdrich among others.

My favorite flowers are roses and daisies.

Two of my favorite movies are Love Story and Officer and a Gentleman


I love animals, dogs and cats mostly.

My favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip

My grandmother was an inspiration to me in all things that she did

My all-time favorite song is sung by John Denver, “Sunshine on My Shoulder” although, country music singer, Gary Allen just released his latest hit, “She’s So California” and that may just replace the other song as my favorite.

I want to be a published author and be really rich.

I like getting most roses from my husband for any occasion

I went to Catholic school for all of years of education.

In 2008, I returned to college to finish my bachelor’s degree in English Literature.

I will have been on my job for 11 years this month

I prefer living in California, never having lived anywhere else. I never have to worry about snow, tornadoes, hurricanes.

I love my cat Sassy, she’s the best dog I ever had, so loyal and always by my side, except when she’s walking across my desk

Both my parents are still living and married for 46 years

I’ve traveled to the Grand Canyon in Arizona and to Niagara Falls on the American side and Canadian Side.

Purple and pink are my favorite colors

I love leather and have leather couches, jackets, purses and upholstery in my car

I would have liked to have lived in the 1800’s and helped to settle the American West
I plan to visit all 21 California missions, having been to San Fernando Mission, Santa Barbara, Santa Inez, and San Diego

One year I went to see the Pasadena Rose Parade and sat front row along the parade route.

For a college newspaper article I got the chance to interview the former mayor of Los Angeles in the 1970’s, Sam Yorty.

Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do.

Writing is my passion

I’ve seen the national treasures of California the Devil’s Postpile, the Devil’s Punch Bowl.

My favorite time of year is Autumn when the cool wind comes through the valley and pushes the heat of the summer off to another year.

If I tag you in Facebook I hope to hear about you real soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Things About Dangerous Impulses

Today, I we have author F.M. Meredith visiting with us. I have had the pleasure of meeting Marilyn at the Los Angeles Times Book Festival a number of years ago. Join me as she shares seven things about her book.   1.       Dangerous Impulses is # 9 in the Rocky Bluff P.D. series. Though every mystery is complete, every crime solved and the book written as a stand-alone, things happen to the continuing characters: the police officers and their families. Rocky Bluff is a small Southern California Beach community, located between Ventura and Santa Barbara, and mostly overlooked by tourists. 2.       In every RBPD mystery/crime novel there are ongoing characters. One of the most popular with readers is Officer Gordon Butler. Nothing ever seems to go easy for him. Though he is not the “star” in Dangerous Impulses like he was in No Bells , I think his fans will be happy with what he ends up doing near the end of the boo...

Larry Peterson Unveils His Children’s Book, Slippery Willie’s Stupid Ugly Shoes

Writing Daze has the pleasure of spotlighting children’s author Larry Peterson with his first children’s book, Slippery Willie’s Stupid Ugly Shoes. Larry is on virtual book tour with Tribute Books during the month of March. Slippery Willie Synopsis: Willie Wiggles hates his slippery feet. He just slips, slides and spins all over the place. But what he hates even more are the special shoes that have been made for him that will help him to walk just like all the other kids. Willie thinks that they are the "stupidest, ugliest shoes in the whole world." Discover how sometimes we worry about things about ourselves when actually there is nothing to worry about in the first place. About Larry Peterson Larry Peterson was born and raised in the Bronx, New York. As a freelancer, he has written many newspaper columns for local publications. Slippery Willie's Stupid, Ugly Shoes is his first children’s book. Peterson has lived in Pinellas Park, Florida for the past 28 years. Buy links...

Frank Nash: the Most Inspirational English Teacher I Ever Did Know! By Vincent Zandri author of The Remains

I never set out to be a writer. Back in 1979, when I entered the Second Form in a 200 year old, all boys, military school called, The Albany Academy, I simply wanted to become a rock n’ roll star. Like Ringo or Keith Moon, I wanted to play drums in a huge rock band, make a ton of money doing it, get lots of girls, and see the world. While most of the uniformed boys sat attentively in math class, taking copious notes, I drew illustrations of huge drums sets and stared out the window. All that changed when for the first time, I was introduced to Frank Nash in my second term English lit and writing course. First thing that caught my attention was the classroom itself. The Academy was an old building even back then, having been built in the 1920s. Made of stone and strong woods, with real blackboards instead of chalk boards, the place seemed like a kind of time warp. A school caught perpetually in the 19th century instead of one that would see the 21st century in only two more decades. But...